June 2019 – Present, Managing Editor, REVOLT Media & TV/Combs Enterprises
Duties include: Managing the official news site for Sean Combs’ REVOLT Media & TV, running the freelance writers network — including editing writers’ work and hiring new ones, supporting REVOLT TV’s shows such as flagship series “State Of The Culture,” as well as “Drink Champs,” “The Breakfast Club,” etc. in the digital space; Making sure the newly revamped website is as accurate and professional looking as possible; collaborating with the video, social, product and sales departments to continuously enhance REVOLT TV’s online presence, and more.
October 2018- June 2019, Associate Managing Editor, REVOLT Media & TV/ Combs Enterprises, www.REVOLT.TV
- Duties included: Managing the official news site for Sean Combs’ REVOLT Media & TV, running the freelance writers network — including editing writers’ work and hiring new ones, supporting REVOLT TV’s shows such as flagship series “State Of The Culture,” as well as “Drink Champs,” “The Breakfast Club,” etc. in the digital space; collaborating with the video, social, product and sales departments to continuously enhance REVOLT TV’s online presence, and more.
February 2016-June 2018, Associate Editor, iHeartRadio, news.iHeart.com/news/
- Duties included: Daily producing a high volume of online news articles, interviewing famed recording artists, producing coverage around iHeartRadio’s music tent pole events such as iHeartRadio Music Awards, iHeartRadio Music Festival, etc., and more for iHeartRadio’s 800 plus radio stations’ websites based across the country including Power 105.1, Z100, KTU, Real 92.3 LA, WGCI and many more. Some celebs I’ve interviewed include Ne-Yo, Jussie Smollett, Bryshere Gray, Big Sean, TLC, Cardi B, Trey Songz, Vivica A. Fox, and much more.
July 2015-November 2015, Music Writer, VH1/Viacom, www.VH1.com
- Duties included: Pitching and writing music articles in a WordPress CMS, editing posts’ featured images in Photoshop, interviewing music industry professionals and attending brainstorm/edit meetings for a popular Viacom owned online publication.
- Duties included: Pitching and writing articles for two sister online publications, and using their individual WordPress content management systems to publish articles on both sites. I also applied the best SEO practices toward each news sites’ posts in order for them to perform well in search engine results.
August 2014-July 2015, Web Producer, Radar Online, www.RadarOnline.com
- Duties included: Inputting stories into a WordPress CMS and publishing them on the site, inserting the most relevant tags and keywords per post in order for content to perform well in search engine results, flagging and categorizing articles in the CMS in order for them to be in the proper sections of the site, and manually inputting HTML into content when necessary for an award winning entertainment news site.
December 2014-July 2015, Freelance News Writer, The Boombox, www.TheBoombox.com
- Duties included: Communicating closely with the Editor-In-Chief while pitching and writing for a Townsquare Media owned online music publication. I also applied the best SEO practices toward the site’s posts.
June 2014- April 2015, Freelance Writer, VIBE magazine, www.VIBE.com
- Duties included: Pitching and writing newsworthy music and entertainment articles for a well-respected urban entertainment publication’s website. I was hired at the end of my spring 2014 internship.
City University of New York- Lehman College
Graduation Date: May 2014
Major: Multimedia Journalism (Graduated with Departmental Honors)
Double Minor: Computer Graphics/Imaging and Multimedia Studies
Golden Key International Honour Society member
Attended: 2010 – 2011
Major: Online Journalism
Skills: Writing, Reporting/Interviewing, New Media, Multimedia Journalism, Wochit, Wibbitz, Social Media Marketing, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, HTML/CSS, CMS, SEO, AP Style, Tweet Deck, Flash, After Effects, Digital Photojournalism, Chartbeat, Parsely